Craig Selinger is a New York State licensed language therapist and founder and CEO of Themba Tutors, providing accessible tutoring and executive functioning coaching for all learners in their home, school and work environments.
Don’t forget you have until November 26 to enter our Spark Joy Giveaway.
We’ll announce our winners during our “Best of” show on December 3.
Head over to sparkjoypodcast.com/reviews for instructions on how to leave a star rating and written review on iTunes.
Then, shoot an email to email@example.com with your username for a chance to win one of 6 coveted KonMari-themed prizes that spark joy in celebration of our two-year anniversary.
Thanks again for your support!
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
Hear about how Craig founded Themba Tutors and how working with kids became his great passion.
Learn about the diagnoses of ADHD, which is one of the most common mental disorders, and some of the symptoms:
- Executive Functioning
- ADHD affects:
- % 8.4of children
- % 3.5 of Adults
Skills related to executive functioning:
- Improving information retention
- Spending more focused time on tasks (and completing them)
- Decreasing procrastination
- Organizing schoolwork
- Managing time more effectively
- Learning to think carefully before acting
Craig’s thoughts about a very controversial topic: screen time!
What’s the number one factor for IQ growth between ages 0-36 months? It’s pretty simple for parents to do!
How to find the right coach or tutor to help address attention and focus related problems whether for yourself or your child.
Favorite tidying tip: Make sure that all the things you need to access often have a designated place to live.
What is sparking the most joy for Craig: Simple things: his, kids, the changing seasons and cider donuts!
Parting words of wisdom: A Madonna quote! “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you come from, you can always change. Become a better version of yourself.”
To learn more about Themba Tutors, you can find them at ThembaTutors.com
On their website you can set up a free call to discuss your concerns and see how they Themba tutors
could help you reach your full potential.
Exclusively for Spark Joy listeners, Craig has compiled some awesome productivity organizational apps to help you with scheduling and planning for students and adults.
Dowload Themba Tutors Helpful eTools here
- “Once you find that all objects should have a place to live, it creates an organizational system and it creates predictability.”
- “We get to learn about the family systems and how they live. We get to see dynamics between the parents and the kids. And, we get to see the kids being kids! And that way, we get a real organic raw lens of them and then we can give them strategies for becoming optimal learners.”
- “If a child or adult is only having problems in school or just at work, and nowhere else, that is not usually diagnosable as ADHD.”
- “The difficulty is in the execution of the task. And there’s often an emotional piece to the avoidance of the action.”
- “Poorer countries are doing better academically than we are right now.”