Paula Rizzo is a best-selling author and Emmy-award winning television producer. She’s produced health, wellness, and lifestyle segments with a range of top experts in the health and wellness field.
Paula created the productivity site ListProducer.com and she’s the best-selling author of "Listful Thinking: Using Lists to be More Productive, Highly Successful and Less Stressed", which has been translated into 12 languages AND was one on Oprah.com’s list of “Self Help Books That Actually Help.”
Her latest book, "Listful Living: A List-Making Journey to a Less Stressed You", was just published!
Paula shares how to create lists that spark joy to move you closer to your vision.
Don’t forget you have until November 26 to enter our Spark Joy Giveaway.
We’ll announce our winners during our “Best of” show on December 3.
Head over to sparkjoypodcast.com/reviews for instructions on how to leave a star rating and written review on iTunes.
Then, shoot an email to email@example.com with your username for a chance to win one of 6 coveted KonMari-themed prizes that spark joy in celebration of our two-year anniversary.
Thanks again for your support!
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
Paula’s interesting career path and how she became interested in list building
The health scare that motivated Paula to change her world view
How Marie Kondo influenced Paula in her work. Turns out that Paula and Karin were at the same talk with Marie!
The stress reducing magic of getting things down on paper
How your vision will help you set your priorities and learn to say no to things to things that don’t align with your goals
The connection between your environment and productivity
How to make sure your list is manageable so that you don’t set yourself up for failure
Paula’s favorite list making tip:
Make your list the night before.
What is sparking the most joy for Paula:
“Being very purposeful about how I spend my time. Talking about my work has been very rewarding for me”
Parting words of wisdom:
"Don’t be so hard on yourself. Take time for self-care and put things on your list that are just for you."
You can reach Paula on her websites: listproducer.com and paularizzo.com
She’s on Facebook and Instagram at ListProducer.
And you can grab a copy oft her new book on Amazon:
Listful Living: A List-Making Journey to a Less Stressed You
As an added bonus, Paula has a List-Making starter kit available on her website. Just go to List-Making Starter Kit and sign up!
- “The need for good time management that I learned in TV production, built my appreciation of lists.”
- “How do you not only put the right things on your list, but that you also make time for things like self care?”
- The second you write something down and get it out of your head your stress levels will begin to fall. You notice, ‘Oh I didn’t really have that much to do!’ “
- “If you know what your priority is then you know instantly what you are going to say yes and no to.”
- “The things that go on the list need to be very specific. You need to know that you have the resources and the time to accomplish the list.”