Today’s KonMari Quick Tips episode is about having Safe Summer Fun in 2020.
Summer means fun outdoor activities, events, markets, vacations and an easier, more relaxed way of life. At least-that’s what summer usually is all about. But, this is a summer like no other for most of us. No matter where you are in the world, it’s likely that you’ll be much more mindful about where you’re going and how you’re spending your time. If you are looking for ideas, this episode is for you!
We want to hear from you. Tell us your burning tidying questions or share stories about how KonMari has impacted your life.
Head over to Apple podcasts to subscribe and review the show, which helps us reach others along their tidying journeys.
To extend your tidying experience, you can join the Spark Joy Club!
Visit sparkjoypodcast.com and click “Join the Club” to become a member of the Spark Joy Community or join us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
KonMari Quick Tips:
- Be mindful of good, preventative actions that will keep you and your family safe.
- Explore your Vision for a safe Summer. Let your vision be your guide!
- Look into Thrillist.com and consider one of their local newsletters for up to date activities-virtual and in person. Karin loves the NYC newsletter that arrives every Friday morning. You can select your own town to get one just for you!
- Learn a new skill. Kristyn recommends:
- I Can't Podcast - virtual workshop on July 9
- Share your voice in your community. Check out virtual town hall and city hall meetings and get involved. Most are virtual now and it’s an easy way to know what is going on.
- Find your favorite musical artist online. Many of them are hosting virtual events on Instagram and YouTube. (examples: @dnice and @verzuztv
- Explore your local parks and nature centers. Bonus points for visiting ones you have never been to before.
- Consider getting into one of your “someday” activities. Have you always wanted to start painting or cross-stitch? What about catching up on your reading or movie list? Maybe explore new methods of photo organizing (see Spark Joy Episode 55.
- Support your local businesses! They need you and will be glad to welcome you back.
- Begin that big organization or home renovation project you have always wanted to do. You may have a better idea of how your home can best serve you and your family now, and this would be a great time to make changes that will bring you more joy at home
We are pleased to introduce the following new member of The Spark Joy Club, joining at the Joy Sparker level:
Join over 180 serious Tidiers who are making 2020 their very last year of being disorganized. We welcome you to extended conversation around taking action, living, and maintaining a tidy lifestyle. Please join the conversation by visiting sparkjoypodcast.com and selecting Join the Club