Co-hosts Kristyn and Karin explore how investing in tidying up pays you back in obvious and unique ways that impact your life and your legacy.
We want you to get the most return on your investment of going on this journey with us and point out ways you can lead with gratitude and abundance.
Don’t forget you have until November 26 to enter our Spark Joy Giveaway.
We’ll announce our winners during our “Best of” show on December 3.
Head over to sparkjoypodcast.com/reviews for instructions on how to leave a star rating and written review on iTunes.
Then, shoot an email to email@example.com with your username for a chance to win one of 6 coveted KonMari-themed prizes that spark joy in celebration of our two year anniversary.
Thanks again for your support!
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
Unique ways tidying can pay you back:
- Sound gratitude practice
- Awareness of your personal values and consumption patterns
- Opportunities to give/donate
- Opportunities to define your family legacy (also discussed on Spark Joy Episode 21)
- More time (your most valuable asset)
Tidying can also pay you back financially in the following ways:
- Returned items
- Selling items of value (also discussed on Spark Joy Episode 42-44)
- Letting go of subscription "boxes" or other monthly commitments
- Letting go of monthly payments for external storage units
- Saving on moving or staging expenses (also discussed on Spark Joy Episode 77-78)
A short-term tidying event also has a longer-term impact on your financial goals, paying you back in the following ways:
- Better habits/patterns around consumption/shopping
- Shifts in your money mindset (see Spark Joy Episode 6 and Episode 58 )
- Decision making that stems from a place of abundance, rather than scarcity (redifining what "enough" means to you)
- “Tidying is an investment...it is a skill and it has a goal."
- "You're shifting and refining your purpose and legacy, which will have an impact on those around you."
- "How much money can I find or how big of a return can I get from all of this effort?"
- "As you tidy, you're becoming more aware and more appreciative of what's around you."
- "When you tidy up, you are moving towards spending less time looking for things you can't find."
- "Time is a limited resource and it is finite."
- "It’s important to honor and respect money in all forms to attract financial abundance."
- "Make sure that the time that you put towards selling something is reflective of and appropriate for its value."
- "You become more discerning about what you buy and what you wear."