Melissa Rappaport Schifman, author of Building a Sustainable Home joins us to discuss the impact a green home has on our health, wealth, and soul.
Our guest today is Melissa Rappaport Schifman. Melissa is the founder of Green Intention LLC, where she writes, speaks, and advises clients on healthier and more sustainable homes and workplaces. She has her MBA and MA in Public Policy from the University of Chicago and lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with her husband and two daughters.
We want to hear from you! Tell us your burning tidying questions or share stories about how KonMari has impacted your life. Find us at www.sparkjoypodcast.com and click “Ask Spark Joy” to leave a question or comment for a chance to be featured on next week’s show.
While you’re there, sign-up to join our Spark Joy podcast community and get notified when each episode airs. You can also join the Spark Joy podcast community on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at the handle @sparkjoypodcast.
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
- Melissa's personal and professional green home journey
- How Melissa defines green building and sustainable home
- The benefits to moving into a more sustainable home environment on your health, wealth, and soul
- Busting the myth that a sustainable home always costs more - the longer term impact of green living on our lives and the planet
- The lifestyle and mindset change required to live more sustainability and how it intersects with getting organized
- The aspects of a sustainable home that you'll never see
Melissa’s favorite home improvement tip:
Filter your water.
What sparks joy for Melissa
Decarbonizing her home.
EXCLUSIVELY for Spark Joy listeners:
email us at email@example.com with interest in receiving a copy of "Building a Sustainable Home" and a 30 min. cost benefit analysis with Melissa to think through a sustainable home improvement project
“If we don't take care of the earth we don't get to drink, eat, or breath."
"Start with your own home. It's the one thing you have control over."
"Every action does make a difference."
"For our health, our wealth, and our soul."
"Clean water, clean air, and clean house."