About this Episode
Ashley Barber, Houston's first KonMari Consultant, shares tips on how to align your KonMari tidying event and lifestyle with your fitness aspirations.
Our guest today is Ashley Barber, founder of Simply Maven. She’s Houston’s first certified KonMari Consultant. With over a decade’s worth of experience in group fitness, Ashley blends her health and wellness knowledge with the KonMari Method to teach her clients the best ways to declutter their possessions, organize their homes, and create their best lives.
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
- Ashley's path to KonMari and the launch of her business
- The ways fitness and KonMari intersect under the umbrella of health and wellness
- How to spark joy in your fitness routine - what you need to joy check (type of activity, level of intensity, gear, environment)
- Ashley's suggestion for Kristyn's 2019 health-focused 90 day goal
- Karin's workout evolution
- The Kickstarter campaign that inspired Kristyn's goal calendar
- The best workout for your body: plank
- The ways we can align our home with our goals for fitness and wellness while we are walking through the KonMari categories
- Tips for those just starting their KonMari event and looking to shift their attention to health and wellness
- How do do a perfect day exercise, going through your day in extreme detail
- The timer trick
- Ashley suggests for finding a fitness program that works best for you
- How ego is a factor when it comes to group exercise
Ashley's favorite tidying tip: Take the time to visualize where you want to go. Don't skip this step!
What Sparks Joy for Ashley: Her kids.
To connect with Ashley Barber, you can find her at simplymavenhtx.com or on Facebook and Instagram
Just for Spark Joy listeners, Ashley is offering a 10% discount on active tidying sessions in Houston when you contact her and mention Spark Joy podcast.
- "Mindset is really a key player in successfully completing a tidying marathon or a physical marathon or whatever your goal may be."
- "We all have the skills to be 1) a tidy person 2)a fit person. It's just a matter of taking the time to do it and thinking of ourselves that way."
- "The trick to find something you can stick with is to find something you enjoy."
- "Are you feeling good about what you're wearing to work out in?"
- "It's so important to find a routine that evolves with you."
- "Sometimes consistency is more important than intensity."
- "If there is one exercise that you're going to do everyday, I'd make it a plank."
- "If I'm going to do an in home workout, I try to take it to one of the more energetic areas in my home."
You can find Karin Socci at The Serene Home
You can find Kristyn Ivey at For the Love of Tidy