Tia Fagan introduces us to Conscious Parenting, a philosophy that encourages parents to wake up so to speak and ask themselves "why are they trying so desperately to control their child’s destiny?"
Certified Conscious Parent Coach Tia Fagan helps parents create deeper connections, increase communication, and improve their relationships. We dive into a parenting method Oprah Winfrey called a revolutionary approach, that can change parenting as we know it. We first learned about the philosophy of Conscious Parenting while listening to OWN’s Super Soul Sunday podcast. The approach stems from the ideas of Dr. Shefali and her Bestsellers "The Conscious Parent" and "The Awakened Family."
We want to hear from you! Tell us your burning tidying questions or share stories about how KonMari has impacted your life. Find us at www.sparkjoypodcast.com and click “Ask Spark Joy” to leave a question or comment for a chance to be featured on next week’s show.
While you’re there, sign-up to join our Spark Joy podcast community and get notified when each episode airs. You can also join the Spark Joy podcast community on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at the handle @sparkjoy_podcast.
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
- How Tia defines of Conscious Parenting
- Tia's path to becoming a certified Conscious Parenting Coach, which including civil engineering, motherhood, professional organizing
- How Conscious Parenting impacted Tia's family, her two daughters from middle school on, including the moment she went from confronting her fear to sitting beside it
- Three of the most common challenges parents face: disrespect, not listening, and screen time battles
- Two of major parenting myths that serve as the foundation for Conscious Parenting
- Practical steps you can implement today to test drive Conscious Parenting
- How Tia manages clutter associated with toys, artwork, and kids clothings, through a lens of concious parenting
TIa's favorite parenting and tidying tip: Connection, connection, CONNECTION!; Sit with each object and honor them and then go through them again latter (time and practice).
What sparks joy for TIa: Her daughters entering the next chapter - their first year at college!
To contact Tia Fagan visit tiafagan.com and follow her on Facebook and Instagram @tiafagancoach
Tia is based in Madison, WI. she’s offering $50 off a virtual or local 4-Session Coaching package or $100 off a 10-Session Coaching Package. Mention "Spark Joy" to receive this discount.
- "We're able to notice how we as parents influence the relationship we have with the children."
- "We accept [children] as they are, not how we wish them to be."
- "Parenting ourselves first is where we need to start."
- "When we're curious, we're more likely to look at things without judgement."