Shelly Fuerte walks through how her 15 hour KonMari tidying experience with For the Love of Tidy impacted her family and the benefits of working with a KonMari Consultant along the way.
Shelly Fuerte is an arts administration consultant. She works with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra to program their non-classical concerts and travels the globe as a road manager for various artists including Jane Lynch and many other Broadway vocalists. Her husband Art, is an elementary music teacher and together they direct and perform with an LGBTQ community Latin Band.
Shelly...is also one of Kristyn's clients! They tidied for 15 hours over a few weeks, so she is a For the Love of Tidy Graduate of Tidy. Today we will take a deep dive into her KonMari tidying journey and the impact it’s had on her life.
We want to hear from you! Tell us your burning tidying questions or share stories about how KonMari has impacted your life. Find us at www.sparkjoypodcast.com and click “Ask Spark Joy” to leave a question or comment for a chance to be featured on next week’s show.
While you’re there, sign-up to join our Spark Joy podcast community and get notified when each episode airs. You can also join the Spark Joy podcast community on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at the handle @sparkjoypodcast.
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
- How lunch with a friend who recently hired a KonMari Consultant inspired Shelly to seek out Kristyn's help in Chicago
- The moment Shelly knew it was time to seek out professional support
- What suprised Shelly the most during the tidying process as she tidied with Kristyn
- Shelly's vision for her workspace/workout room and her whole home
- Shelly's home: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, detached garage (~2,000 sq ft)
- How Shelly made time for tidying in the midst of a incredibly busy work travel schedule
- How Shelly consciously let go of items and finish unfinished business: - Old media (VCRs) - DVDs - Old plaques/awards
- How tidying paid Shelly back $$$ on multiple occasions
- Shelly's husband's surprise find
- How Shelly added joy to her wardrobe and living room by using Gwinnie Bee and Modsy
- How Shelly's experience impacted her tidying maintenance
- How Shelly progressed through The Tidy Wheel of Impact
- What happened when Shelly met her style icon - Stacy London! Watch here
What sparks joy for Shelly
Shelly's adorable new puppy Stevie Wonder! @stevie1der.ontour
"I knew I needed to do something to make my workplace more consistent and productive."
"It was kind of a graveyard of projects from the past that just didn't get completed."
"It always gets worse before it gets better."
"Every item has a purpose."
"You do have to touch every piece and say thank you and then toss it...you just don't know what hidden treasures could be in there."
"We got rid of four bookcases that at the end of the tidying process had nothing on them."
"Now i definitely think twice about bringing anything into my space. I definitely want things to have intention and purpose."
"A lot of things are easier because I know where things belong."
"You can tackle a big project if you figure out a timeframe, give yourself a deadline, and write a plan to get there."
"Just like in other parts of my life, I just needed a professional to help me."