About this Episode
Client Kelly shares how working with For the Love of Tidy for 12 hours total 100% virtually (through screens) helped her achieve an organized warm minimalist home.
We want to hear from you! Tell us your burning tidying questions or share stories about how KonMari has impacted your life. Find us at www.sparkjoypodcast.com and click “Ask Spark Joy” to leave a question or comment for a chance to be featured on next week’s show.
While you’re there, sign-up to join our Spark Joy podcast community and get notified when each episode airs. You can also join the Spark Joy podcast community on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at the handle @sparkjoypodcast.
Book a custom Virtual Tidying Experience with For the Love of Tidy
Join The Spark Joy Club today!
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
- With a few incomplete tidying attempts behind her, Kelly recalls her path to KonMari
- How Kelly was inspired by the Minimalism documentary, Courtney Carver's capsule wardrobe (Spark Joy Episode 39), and seeing Kristyn speak about KonMari during an event at Room & Board
- Kelly's vision of a decluttered basement with a lot of open space
- How Kelly handled the days when she felt less enthusiastic about following through with the plan
- How the 12 hours Kelly spent actively decluttering virtually with Kristyn compared to the years she spent accumulating and managing clutter
- Why Virtual KonMari Tidying Lessons worked best for Kelly's goals and circumstances
- How Kelly embraced the "thank you" and found value in taking the time to make thoughtful decisions
- How decluttering helped Kelly relax, read more, clean more efficiently, and gain clarity about her design taste
- How Kelly's progress impacted her kids, as she gifted two hours of her sessions to her teenager and modeled the change she wanted to see for them
What sparks joy for Kelly
Riding the high of finishing her KonMari event and welcoming a new puppy into her space!
"There is something special and different about actually going through The Joy Journal while you are in a Virtual Tidying Session."
"I wanted to free up my mental space to think about other things."
"There was a to do list around that basement that brought a certain level of weight to my day."
"I wanted to make it a habit and really commit to keeping it that way."
"If you're going to tidy virtually, you really have to make that commitment. Show up for yourself."
"I have struggled over the years with clutter. I can say it now. I don't have to hold my head down in shame because I did something about it."
"Having a decluttered space plays a big role in helping to remain calm throughout this stressful time."
"It took dedication and work."
The Spark Joy Anniversary Give-A-Way contest prizes!
Win one of three bundles consisting of Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up, signed by Marie Kondo, a fifty dollar gift certificate to the KonMari Shop to select your own Joy Sparking gift, and a two-hour Virtual Tidying Session from For the Love of Tidy!
Three lucky winners will receive a bundle of all these prizes!
To be eligible for all of the prizes above, all you need to do is head over to: www.sparkjoypodcast.com/itunes for detailed instructions on how to leave a review via iTunes. Once there, follow the Apple Podcast instructions to leave us a rating and review in iTunes to help us reach more ears, minds, and hearts.
Most important step: Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you left us a review and what screen name you left it under. This will act as your official entry. Don’t forget this step! It is the only way we can officially log you as entered into the contest.
Submit your star rating and review by November 24, 2020. We’ll announce the winners during our season finale “Best of” show that will air on December 1st.
**Contest runs from September 1 to November 24, 2020.* Winners will be announced during our Best of 2020 show on December 1, 2020***
You can find Karin Socci at The Serene Home
You can find Kristyn Ivey at For the Love of Tidy