[SPOILERS INCLUDED] We review the premiere of Netflix's original series "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo," covering episodes that sparked joy and sharing thoughts on the show from the KonMari Consultant perspective.
“Tidying Up with Marie Kondo” officially premiered on Netflix New Year’s day. Millions are watching around the world. Tidying Up is taking over Netflix at the top of year and many are getting acquainted with KonMari and falling in love with Marie Kondo. We are very pleased with show and with the response!
Kristyn's New Year resolution inspired by Episode 66: The Art of Manifesting and the Harmony Within with Laura Kessler- wake up at the same time every morning
SPOILER ALERT! We recommend you stop listening or reading and head over to Netflix to check out Tidying Up with Marie Kondo
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
An overview of "Tidying Up"
- The debut moment
- Feedback from viewers and fans
- What we learned about Marie Kondo
Our thoughts on what sparked joy about the show from our perspective and hopes for a Season 2
A review of episodes:
- Empty Nesters
- The Downsizers
- Sparking Joy After Loss
- From Students to Improvements
The reality of reality TV
How to tell if it's time to hire a professional to help you tidy up and find joy (see Spark Joy Episode 33: How to Become a KonMari Consultant)
- "Marie Kondo has officially experienced, in America, the biggest pile of clutter ever," #mountwendy
- "You didn't get to your level of clutter overnight and it's not going to be resolved over night."
- "Everyone, now is going to be greeting and thanking and appreciating their home."
- "Maybe it will be launched on New Years day every year?!"
- "KonMari never says 'this is what should spark joy.' It's much more about how the spark of joy feels."
- "Please do not ever feel that you have to suffer in silence. There is help."