Today’s Quick Tips episode will prepare you for the busiest shopping days of the year by shifting your focus on mindful shopping and gift giving.
Before listening to this mindful shopping and gift giving episode, please note, this one may not apply to you this season.
If you are actively managing your finances and shopping habits, head over to Spark Joy Episode 31 with Dr. Benson, as an alternative. In that episode we explore the intersection of KonMari and shopping. In the show notes, Dr. Benson shares a great quiz that can help you flag any unhealthy shopping behaviors that could be weighing you down.
KonMari Quick Tips:
Ask yourself the following question before you make your next purchase:
- Why am I here?
- How do I feel?
- Do I need this?
- Can I wait?
- How will I pay for it?
- Where will I put it?
Step 1: Have a vision and refer to it regularly.
Step 2: Shop your home first.
Step 3: Be present when buying presents. Recommended Gift: Spark Joy Club Membership!
Step 4: Buy nothing.
Step 5: Have fun!
Kristyn's Shopping List:
- Waterproof Winter Boots
- Bullet Journal Related Supplies
- Favorite Underwear
- Advent Calendar
- Official Hamilton Ornament
- Wooden Watch with engraving
- Cross It Off Weekend
- Grazing Board Workshop
- Trips to VA and TX
Karin's Shopping List:
- Bathroom Renovation Project
- Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions in NYC!
We are pleased to introduce the following new members of The Spark Joy Club, joining at the Joy Sparker level:
We continue to welcome our listeners who are serious about extending the conversation around taking action, living, and maintaining a tidy lifestyle. Please join the conversation by visiting sparkjoypodcast.com and selecting Join the Club
And don’t forget to enter our Anniversary Giveaway!
As announced during Spark Joy episode 100, we have KonMari-themed gifts ready for you to claim by entering into our giveaway, celebrating our two-year anniversary.
The prizes include:
• Marie Kondo’s tidying sequel, Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up, signed by the Queen herself
• A Virtual KonMari Tidying Lesson provided on behalf of For the Love of Tidy
• An honorary membership to the Spark Joy Club at the coveted Joy Sparker level!
• And finally, a copy Marie Kondo’s highly anticipated new children’ s book, Kiki & Jax: The Life-Changing Magic of Friendship, which will be officially released later this year.
Head over to sparkjoypodcast.com/itunes for instructions on how to leave a star rating and written review on iTunes.
Then, shoot an email to email@example.com with your username for a chance to win one of six prices we have for our listeners this year.
You have until November 26 to enter and we’ll announce our winners during our “Best of” show on December 3.