Christina Lustig, Founder & Lead Planner of To The Nines Events, joins us to explore tips for sparking joy when it comes to holiday entertaining.
Originally from a suburb of Detroit, Christina spent 7 years in NYC working in fashion, a year in Boston and now lives in Chicago's Wicker Park with her husband, John, and dog, Drake. Christina lives basically in spreadsheets, on blogs, Pinterest, and the phone when it comes to planning her clients' big days
Don’t forget you have until November 26 to enter our Spark Joy Giveaway.
We’ll announce our winners during our “Best of” show on December 3.
Head over to sparkjoypodcast.com/itunes for instructions on how to leave a star rating and written review on iTunes.
Then, shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your username for a chance to win one of 6 coveted KonMari-themed prizes that spark joy in celebration of our two-year anniversary.
Thanks again for your support!
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
- Christina's path to "eventification"
- Tips on avoiding stress and choosing joy when preparing for the holidays
- Christina's love of simplified listmaking (a strategy that is also featured in Spark Joy Episode 107)
- Our favorite gifts for hosts and gift list making strategies
- The essential components of a great holiday event:
- A great scent
- An inclusive playlist
- Fun interactive touches
- How to be a great guest!
- RSVP promptly
- Join in on the fun
- Ask how you can lend a hand or if you can bring anything
- Bring a host gift as a nice gesture (here's an example: Kristyn's favorite host gift)
- Include a thank you card with a mindful gifting message: "If this gift does not spark joy in any way, please feel free to let it go with gratitude and a "thank you."
- Christina's plans to enjoy her first Christmas in Chicago
Christina's favorite tidying tip:
Pencil and paper. Writing things down and labeling.
What's sparking the most joy for Christina:
The turn of the season and excitement about the holidays!
Mention “SPARK JOY” if interested in working with To The Nines Events to receive 10% off any planning package of your choice.
- "Whether it's your gift list, decorating your home, or planning your holiday party, you really need to start early."
- "Have faith over fear. You can do it!"