About this Episode
Your Vision: defining your ideal lifestyle and living environment, KonMari style.
In this episode, Spark Joy explores how you can clarify your vision of the kind of life you want to lead and why it’s important step, but often overlooked, in the KonMari journey.
We discuss the why and how of identifying the vision of your ideal life and how it can help you complete the KonMari process to greater success. Your life vision will help you clarify why you want to tidy and how your life will look once the tidying is completed.
Spark Joy wants to hear from you! Tell us your burning tidying questions or share stories about how KonMari has impacted your life. Find us at www.sparkjoypodcast.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to leave a question or comment for a chance to be featured on next week’s show. Join us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter via @sparkjoypodcast.
In this episode, you’ll enjoy:
Tips for how to begin identifying your vision, making it specific, focused and intentional
Learning how to break down identifying your ideal life into manageable parts:
- What is your ideal day?
- Your ideal moment that would spark joy? Picture yourself doing something delightful.
- Begin with gratitude and appreciation - what is currently working for you in your space and in your life?
- Imagine how you would be living your life today if money, time and obligations were not a constraint?
- Take a holistic look at how you’re doing in each area of your life: Career, Relationships, Hobbies, Spirituality, Health, Finances, Community.
- Check out the The KonMari Wheel of Impact
- List the first five life goals (long- or short- term) that immediately come to mind as they relate to those categories.
- Close your eyes and imagine you’ve reached the end of your tidying journey. Describe in detail how you envision your home to look and how you feel
We share our own visions and visions of some of our clients from all stages of life: single people, families, couples, downsizers and empty nesters
How to create your own Vision statement!
- Get it out of your head and onto another media: diary, Pinterest board, website, blog, Facebook post, anything.
- Establish a new tradition of creating a vision board and display it proudly in your home
Example of Vision Boards and Statements:
A Goal Setting Strategy That Sticks
“The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life”
“I just want things to be different instead of thinking about what that different looks like.”
You can find Karin Socci at The Serene Home
You can find Kristyn Ivey at For the Love of Tidy